Monday, September 9, 2013

Tiki Party Attire

Dress: Vintage Betsey Johnson
Shoes: Vintage
Earrings: Betsey Johnson
Necklace: Modcloth
A friend of mine described this dress as "hellacious," which, trust me, was a compliment. I love wearing this dress! I walk into a room and everyone stops what they're doing and picks their jaws up off the ground. 

It is stretch velvet, so it is comfortable (and pettable) which makes it my favorite dress to wear for cocktail parties or nice dinners. I don't know about anyone else reading this, but I have serious issues with bloating (related, I'm fairly sure, to a gluten sensitivity which I stubbornly refuse to acknowledge) so I can change dress sizes in a single sitting of dinner. One memorable meal had me putting on a dress that was too big for me before I started eating, and by the end of the meal, I had to unzip it and wear a shawl for the rest of the evening because I'd bloated so badly. Yes, I have been tested for food allergies. No, they did not come back positive for anything. Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment